Quick. Fast. Short. Explosive. This is most sprinters favorite type of workout. It's our chance to use our speed in the most direct way. Each push is 110% of your power.
The following workout is designed to exercise your quick reflex muscles and push them to their max.
- Bouncy jog for 800 meters
- Good mornings for 40 meters
- Bounding for 40 meters
- A Skip for 40 meters
- B Skip for 40 meters
- High Knees for 40 meters
- Butt kick high knees for 40 meters
- Leg kicks for 20 meters(there and back)
- Quad stretch for 20 meters(there and back)
- Lunges for 20 meters(there and back)
- Squats for 20 meters(there and back)
- Straight Leg Bound for 75 meters, full sprint 25 meters (for a total of 100 meters) X 4
- Rest 2 minutes in between
- 50 meter sprints X 6
- Walk back for rest
- Slow jog for 5 minutes
- Stretch & Roll Out
Remember to hydrate 6 hours before your workout. Hydrate lightly during your workout. And replenish with lean protein and lots of fluids. Our sports drink of choice is Body Armour.